Community Corporation of Santa Monica is a non-profit organization that restores, builds, and manages affordable housing and resources for people of modest means. We are currently partnered with them to design, consult, and lead the curation process for 1819 Pico, a mix use community retail space focused on empowering underserved small business owners connected to the Pico neighborhood. The marketplace will open to the public in early 2023.
- Creating a business plan to ensure success for Community Corp and the selected businesses.
- Provide design consultation and work directly with construction partners.
- Lead an RFP and curation process and curate alongside community stakeholders.
- Hold community workshops to inform, aid, and gather feedback from the public.
- Select a long-term marketplace operator.
- Create marketing plans and foster public support.