Streetlet, a small business growth and community platform, seeks a reliable, friendly, and skilled Operations Manager for its upcoming Pride Month pop-up marketplace activation (June 2022).
The Operations Manager will be core to this activation and a leader for our team and vendors at the marketplace. Our ideal candidate is able to be on site for the majority of our activation hours (Friday-Sunday all 4 weekends in June) including set up & tear down. This contract would begin in mid-May and go through July 1st, 2022, approx 10-20 hours a week in may and 20-30 hours a week in June.
- Coordinate day of vendor needs & schedule
- Work with curators and stakeholders on vendor placement within venue
- Work with curators and stakeholders to execute decor
- Make any required orders for on site needs
- Troubleshoot any on the ground problems and source speedy solutions
- Coordinate tear down and wrap at end of last production day
- Provide wrap report at end of experience
- Manage the duties of support staff
- Ensure traffic flow and general positive, smooth atmosphere of the activation.
Need to Haves:
- Strong on the ground instincts
- Able to plan out and anticipate all things operations, from the macro to the micro
- Excellent communication skills when interacting with vendors and stakeholders
- An aesthetic eye for layouts
- Top notch organizational skills
Nice to Haves:
- Strong connection to the LGBTQIA+ community
- Background in experiential builds, marketplaces, and/or festivals.
- $35 an hour, approx 140 hours total over 6 weeks (5K total budget)
At Streetlet, we aim to build thriving communities by making it easy to shop local and support exceptional small businesses. That’s why we’re partnering with major brands, government organizations, national initiatives and more to link up small businesses with awesome opportunities that provide growth, prosperity, and connection.
We are female & POC founder led. We've curated vendors for major LA cultural experience hubs like Grand Park DTLA, Smorgasburg LA, and more.